- About Avalon
- Board of Directors
- Employment Opportunities
Avalon provides shelter and support to those experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault in the Greater Williamsburg area. By offering tools for safety, self-sufficiency, and empowerment, Avalon works to break the cycle of abuse and helps create a positive future.
Avalon seeks to end domestic violence and sexual assault through the collective voice of an aware community.
As an organization, Avalon:
- Maintains a safe environment for survivors of domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault, volunteers, and staff.
- Treats all program participants, volunteers, and staff with dignity and respect.
- Provides quality services that create positive outcomes for participants.
- Actively seeks the input of the people who use Avalon’s services.
- Promotes a welcoming and diverse environment.
- Initiates and supports cooperative networks among other service providers.
- Strives to provide opportunities for employees to reach their full potential.
- Offers services that make the best use of available resources.
Media and Newsroom
Board of Directors
- Arthur W. Bornschein, Sr. Chair
- Brian Muse, Esq., Vice Chair
- Melissa Tucker, Secretary
- Jeffrey N. Clark
- Paul Freeman
- Gabrielle Jones
- Kelli King, Esq.
- Richard K. Lodwick, O.D.
- Mark Riley
- Erna Rodgers
- Glenda Turner
- Victoria West
- Teresa Christin, Executive Director
- Bridget Casey, Director of Development and Communications
- Rena Zrakovi, Business Manager
- Juanita Graham, Director of Outreach Services
- Crystal Skeeter-Davis, Grant Manager
- Susan McGee, Director of Residential Services
In order to keep other Avalon staff from threats from those who have battered women and children receiving our services, their names are withheld from our website. If you need to contact a staff member, please call the main office at 757.258.5022 or our Helpline at 757.258.5051.
Avalon: A Center for Women and Children is an equal opportunity employer.
There are no open positions at this time.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, SEX, COLOR, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP OR AGE.