It takes a lot to provide 24-hour shelter and support to 50+ people; offer outreach through counseling, support groups, legal advocacy community education, information, and awareness to the greater Williamsburg community; and answer more than 2,000 Helpline calls a year.
To discuss contributing to Avalon, please contact our Director of Development, Priscilla Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 258-5544.
We are extremely grateful to those individuals, groups and organizations who provide financial support. These funds represent a significant portion of our operating budget, and we rely on the contributions from the community to sustain and improve Avalon's services.
|Adopt a Bed
||Adopt an Apartment
|Funds will provide for one bed in the Emergency Shelter, giving overnight accommodation to 25-40 persons in a year. Hundreds of our neighbors seek refuge at Avalon each year.
||For your generous annual gift of $5,000 you can provide a two-bedroom Avalon transitional apartment for a family in need. Each two-bedroom apartment can comfortably house a mom and her children.
- Donate online through PayPal (takes both credit cards and PayPal account info).
- Call or mail us your credit card information. We need the name on the card, credit card number, expiration date and your zip code.
- Mail a check (made payable to Avalon) to:
PO Box 6805
Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Take advantage of matching gifts through employers: simply fill out a form with your employer and when you contribute to Avalon, your employer will also contribute.
- Establish a Life Income gift: "Charitable remainder annuity trusts" can be an excellent option because trusts of this kind allow an annual return of 5% or greater, which can be paid to you or a loved one for life-- after which, the assets would be distributed to Avalon.
- Leave a bequest or contribute towards the Avalon endowment: bequests provide a lasting, meaningful legacy helping survivors for years to come-- talk to your financial advisor for guidance.
- Donate securities such as stock: for tax benefits, gifts of stock may be most beneficial for some donors because transferring appreciated securities to nonprofits can eliminate taxes on gains. Donors receive a full tax deduction for the market value of the stock at the time of the gift. Contact Avalon for instructions on how to make a transfer by calling (757) 258-5022 or email email@example.com.
- Make gifts of real estate property: this type of gift allows donors to avoid sizable capital gains taxes while providing a valuable contribution to our mission.
- Consider becoming a monthly donor: set up automatic payments through PayPal. This gives Avalon the security of counting on regular, known contributions.
- IRA Contributions: donors over age 70 1/2 can make contributions to Avalon tax-free from their individual retirement accounts.
The following information may be requested by your financial advisor or IRA administrator:
- Legal Name: "Avalon: A Center for Women and Children" (doing business as "Avalon Center")
- Avalon is a qualified charitable organization under the Pension Protection Act as described in section 170(b)(1)(A) of the IRS code.
- Federal Tax ID: 52-1208945
- Mailing Address: PO Box 6805 Williamsburg, VA 23188
Please contact your accountant, tax adviser, or investment consultant before taking any action; and be certain to ask which options may provide you with the greatest tax benefit.
- Give to Avalon Center every time you shop online with AmazonSmile. Simply add the prefix "Smile" to your web address when logging in by typing smile.amazon.com and designate Avalon Center to receive a portion of the proceeds from your purchases. No further action is necessary, the rest is magic!
We welcome and appreciate items we need every day to keep the shelter and services running smoothly, healthily and safely. A good way to help Avalon is to conduct a wish-list drive to help meet clients’ basic needs. You can bring items to our Outreach Office located at 3204 Ironbound Road, Suite D (GPS 215 Ingram Road) in Williamsburg. If you would like to donate something other than what is listed, please call first to discuss: 757-258-5022.
We also welcome donated services. We can use help in all sorts of areas, such as:
- Professional-level cleaning services
- Lawn care, landscaping and gardening
- Home repair and maintenance, including plumbers, carpenters, electricians, landscapers and more
- Hair cutting/coloring, nail care, etc. for clients to help boost self-esteem and relax
- Marketing, writing or graphic design
Avalon: A Center for Women and Children is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization (Federal Tax ID #52-1208945). All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. On behalf of all victims and survivors of domestic violence we serve, thank you for your support!
You may also donate through one of these sites: Giveaheart.org, Amazonsmiles.com, Goodsearch.com