To discuss making a contribution to Avalon Center, contact Mary Hard, Development Coordinator.
Details about in-kind donations are here.
We are accepting donations by appointment only, and are not currently accepting clothing.
We are extremely grateful to those individuals and organizations who provide financial support. These funds represent a significant portion of our operating budget, and we rely on the contributions from the community to sustain and improve Avalon's services. As a donor, you become a member of one of our Giving Clubs.
View Giving Clubs
|Circle of Courage||$5,000-$9,999|
|Patron of Hope||up to $249|
|Response Partner||monthly donor|
|Heritage Society||donors of 10 or more years|
|1980 Legacy Society||donors who have made a bequest|
1,000+ hours of volunteer service
Ways to Support Us
There are many ways you can support Avalon and its mission:
Make an Online Donation
We are extremely grateful to those individuals and organizations who provide financial support.
- Call or mail us your credit card information. We need the name on the card, credit card number, expiration date, your zip code, phone number and email.
- Donate online through one of these sites: smile.amazon.com or goodsearch.com.
Mail a check (made payable to Avalon) to:
- Avalon Center
P.O. Box 6805
Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Avalon Center
- Become a Response Partner. Set up automatic, recurring payments that give Avalon the security of counting on regular, known contributions.
- Take advantage of matching gifts through employers. Simply fill out a form with your employer and when you contribute to Avalon, your employer will also contribute.
- Donate securities such as stock. For tax benefits, gifts of stock may be most beneficial for some donors because transferring appreciated securities to nonprofits can eliminate taxes on gains. Donors receive a full tax deduction for the market value of the stock at the time of the gift.
- Make gifts of real estate property. This type of gift allows donors to avoid sizable capital gains taxes while providing a valuable contribution to our mission.
- IRA Contributions: Donors over age 70 1/2 can make contributions to Avalon tax-free from their individual retirement accounts.
- Legal Name: "Avalon: A Center for Women and Children" (doing business as "Avalon Center")
- Avalon is a qualified charitable organization under the Pension Protection Act as described in section 170(b)(1)(A) of the IRS code.
- Federal Tax ID: 52-1208945
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6805 Williamsburg, VA 23188
- The following information may be requested by your financial advisor or IRA administrator
Please contact your accountant, tax adviser, or investment consultant before taking any action; and be certain to ask which options may provide you with the greatest tax benefit.
Avalon Center is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization (Federal Tax ID #52-1208945). All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. On behalf of all victims and survivors of domestic violence we serve, thank you for your support!